Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm waiting for something....

Or or the right person I guess.

I can't stop thinking about a question I received over the weekend at the bridal show. I keep playing it around in my head, changing the voice, pitch, manner in which I ask it- but there is no way to make it right.

"can you make a heart-shaped bouquet of roses, with um, diamonds all around it and hanging pearls?


let me repeat it:


"can you make a heart-shaped bouquet of roses, with um, diamonds all around it and hanging pearls?

silence.


I stare ahead in disbelief.

I can't possibly have heard this, right?

I have before you four bouquets, each vastly different from the next, my favorite with pine, cafe au lait dahlias, blush garden roses, sunflowers, euc, kale, and tall wheat I cut that morning....

"umm.... I don't think I can do that."


Was this the right answer?!?! When you are starting your business, can you say "no?



No comments: