Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I really live 5 miles from here?

Three and a half years ago, I entered "tissue paper gown" into ebay and came up with about a dozen hospital dressings, a few paper dolls and a dress. A beautiful, thin, dreamy piece that for some reason unknown to the universe, was my size.

OF COURSE I bought it (because it was 80 bucks). And OF COURSE it was perfect (because everything is perfect when you're in love). And OF COURSE my mom hated it.

So being the obedient daughter I am, I schlepped to my neighborhood bridal chain YUCK! and bought the first dress the mum said was "gawww-geous". Sighhhhh.....

Lucky for me, I've become friendly with a super photog couple, Sarah and Kevin of Sarah Anna Photography and their little creative hearts told them to invite me to do a "Trash the Dress" session. I think if I had worn the dress I reeeeeally wanted for my wedding, I would've refused to use it but I'll be damned! I had that thing hanging in my closet for over a thousand days. It needed to be photographed.

Sooo- here we are, running around with no coats on, smiling at the silliness of walking down a street in a wedding dress, looking like a bride gone awry and asking cops not to ticket our cars after leaving them abandoned at a railroad.


more pics layta', as Sarah goes through them

Flowers by me :)
Pin: Shane's awesome Granny Pat
Location: Hoffman Estates IL






1 comment:

JParm said...

Definitely want to see more pics!