Wednesday, February 17, 2010

They're coming!!!!

They're COOMMMIINNG!!! My fave: helleborus!
And the closest second fave: ranunculus. Ahhhh, dreamy.

Here are anemones that looked super parched when I got them; and then after they had a drink. I think as a florist, you always process orders while holding your breath. You never know when the 500 roses you absolutely need are going to fall apart or not open at all. Oy, it's pretty scary. One day, when I don't tear up while talking about it, I'll tell you about the first wedding we did and the death of 700 FREEDOM ROSES.

But whatev- you get over it and if you have a great teacher, like we do, you learn some awesome things.

But it is now 5:01 p.m. Martini Time!



1 comment:

Janet said...

Ah, the horror of an order gone awry. It's always something, whether it be the wrong color, moldy, bruised, or dying flowers - sometime it takes a few overnight shipments of flowers to make it right.
One time a wholesaler rewrote an order I gave them for 2000 cream upstar tulips and just wrote upstar. Boy was I shocked to see 2000 pink tulips when I needed cream. That was a long week, but it ended up working out.
Tell me about your 700 dead Freedom roses sometime!